Thursday, December 29, 2005

Washington in the Rain

I am in DC visiting some friends and re-visiting my long lost youth by spending time with their terrific 2 year old, Paul Alexander. Yesterday his father and I took him for his longest walk yet. He was deteermined to walk as long as we could and completely disdained a stroller his dad brought along as bak-up. Today is raining here, the newspapers seem low in big news, and people are quiet. Nice time to be in the capitol of the free world, or the world's only remaining superpower, or the epicenter of a vast imperial megaforce. I will not bore you about whch of those 3 options I would choose or use. Besides I am staying across the street from home of intelligence czar, John Negroponte, and ev erything we say, write or think over here is being carefully recored for security of the nation, no doubt.