Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving 2005

Even though I will be spending the afternoon and evening around a festive table with my brother, his wife and his 3 great kids, I find it strange this year to be in this season. I have many reasons to thank God for gifts that are incredibly generous and blessed, but I feel only anxiety and shame when I look at the world that this country is controlling. The war, violence, torture and disregard for the thoughts of other nations all combine in a witches brew of poison and bad will. I am afraid that the leaders of the US have brought shame and disgrace upon a whole nation and the people now realize what has been done in their name. Somewhere, we can pray, there is a corner to be turned, a book to be opened, a common sense to be restored. Perhaps. Perhaps not likely.